Theoretical physics at Nikhef
About Nikhef’s Theory group
Welcome to the website of the Theory Group of Nikhef! Here you will find information about who we are, what are our research interests, how to contact us, as well as related information which would be useful for bachelor and master students looking for a project/internship within our group and for prospective applicants to open PhD, postdoc, and staff positions. For more general information about the Nikhef institute and partnership please go here.
The Nikhef theory group offers a broad spectrum of research topics and serves as the Dutch national centre for particle physics phenomenology. We have close links with the theoretical physics partner groups at the VU, RUG/VSI, RU and MU, as well as with those at ITFA with GRAPPA at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and at the Leiden University. Moreover, we have extensive interactions with the experimental groups, exploiting the exciting opportunities offered by the rich scientific environment of Nikhef.
You can also find additional information about our group and its activities on our social media accounts on Instagram and Twitter. You can also learn more about the Theory group in the Dimensies magazine, the official publication of Nikhef (in Dutch).
- People in the Nikhef theory group.
- Research interests.
- Software tools developed by Nikhef theory members.
- Outreach activities with the involvement of Nikhef theorists.
Job and research opportunities
- Computing at Nikhef: Nikhef IT wiki, documentation for Nikhef’s Computing Course.
- How to set up a VPN connection to access the Nikhef network from outside the institute.
- Zoom account installation and usage for Nikhef members.
- Introduction to Computing at Nikhef (November 2021 Welcome Meeting), slides available here.